Working with third parties to independently measure carbon impact, LoopMe has reduced gross emissions per CPM delivered, or every 1,000 impressions an ad receives, by 87% compared to 2021, and has done so seven years ahead of the initial target date of 2030.
In order to achieve this goal, LoopMe conducted a variety of internal carbon footprint reduction efforts, including maximizing cloud efficiencies through migration of data centers to renewable-powered sites, including Google Cloud; reducing electricity consumption; establishing environmentally-geared HR policies; and investing in high-quality carbon removal projects
LoopMe has joined Ad Net Zero, the climate action program to help advertising tackle the climate emergency by decarbonizing ad operations and accurately promoting sustainable products and services. LoopMe will be a “Supporter” alongside a diverse range of companies, agencies, adtech companies and industry associations.
By joining Ad Net Zero, LoopMe is committing to following the group’s five-step plan:
- Reduce emissions from advertising business operations
- Reduce emissions from advertising production
- Reduce emissions from media planning and buying
- Reduce advertising emissions through awards and from events
- Harness advertising’s power to support behaviour change