LoopWe: How to Attain and Maintain a Positive Work/Life Balance
Here at LoopMe, we recognize the importance of gender equality and diversity in the tech industry. This year, we are proud and excited to launch LoopWe, (LoopMe Women Empowerment) a series of interactive and engaging masterclass workshops on topics to equip employees with practical advice and actionable strategies to support career development and the development of our teams.
Last week, we had the pleasure of hosting our first in-person LoopWe session at the NY office. Amanda Forgione, VP of Marketing at The 614 Group joined LoopMe’s SVP of Marketing, Rachel Conforti for an intimate discussion on work/life balance, finding time to learn, growing your career, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Make time to network. Join local networking groups such as She Runs It, 212NYC, CIMA, ThinkLA, and others.
- Regularly set aside time for activities & hobbies that you enjoy.
- Take care of your mental health. If you feel overwhelmed or constantly stressed, share these concerns and prioritize projects with your manager.
- Take breaks! Whether it’s to eat lunch, get some fresh air, meditate, or simply take your eyes off of a screen for a few minutes.
- Make quality time true quality time. Unplug and sign offline when you need to focus on family or friend time.
Balancing your professional and personal life can be challenging, but learning to do so will reduce the risk of burnout and will increase productivity and happiness overall.
If you are interested in being a LoopWe guest speaker, or want to learn more about this initiative, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.