Legal Counsel - London
***LoopMe is one of Campaign's Best Places to Work 2023!***
Our vision is to change advertising for the better, by building technology that will redefine brand advertising. LoopMe powers programmatic advertising, improves media delivery, develops bespoke audience curation and effective real-time measurement through our outcomes platform. By putting consumers at the heart of every campaign, the world’s leading brands, agencies, media publishers and programmatic platforms rely on us to reach their goals effectively and more efficiently
What we need
The Legal Team is a trusted partner to the LoopMe business, providing high quality business focussed advice and support on a broad range of legal issues (including Commercial, Corporate, Data Protection/Privacy, Compliance, Intellectual Property and Legal Operations and Processes) globally.
As Legal Counsel, you will contribute to all Legal tasks, providing excellent support to the business’ needs and participating in creating a culture of growth, collaboration and accountability. You will be responsible for managing your own matters and driving them to completion, while also working collaboratively with your Legal team colleagues and key business stakeholders.
As our Legal Counsel, you will be…
- Support the commercial teams by Managing, drafting and negotiating all forms of company contracts, with a focus on digital advertising, including, but not limited to NDAs, customer contracts, and other supplier commercial agreements,
- Act as a trusted legal advisor to the company, balancing risks and providing sound advice to the commercial teams; resolving material legal and contractual risks alongside the legal team members,
- Establish and embed contracting policies to ensure timely and thorough legal assessment prior to contractual engagement, and cultivate a scalable and risk/value based approach,
- Manage the legal team workloads, allocation of responsibilities of commercial contracting, and represent the legal function to the LoopMe internal stakeholders,
- Drafting contract templates and other legal documents and policies.
- Reviewing and updating our commercial contracts, working with various internal stakeholders.
- Supporting matters relating to Data Protection/Privacy, Advertising, Trade Marks/Patents and Employment/HR.
- Keeping abreast of legal developments on a global basis, considering the impact on the LoopMe business and advising accordingly.
- Help to prepare and provide presentations, policies and training materials.
You will have
- A university degree (law or if non- law, have done your law conversion).
- Completed your training contract in private practice at a reputable law firm, with any in-house experience desirable.
- Strong experience in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a broad range of commercial contracts (at least 3 years practical experience).
- Legal experience in connection with AdTech/Advertising and Data Protection/Privacy is also desirable.
- Other useful areas of legal experience include Corporate, Employment, Intellectual Property.
- A strong work ethic and excellent communication and organisation skills.
- A pragmatic, commercial and creative approach to problem solving and decision-making.
- Be able to prioritise well under pressure and have great matter management skills.
- Be commercially aware with the ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast paced evolving business sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be curious and have a passion to enjoy your work with an interest in working at a high growth digital advertising business and an enthusiasm for technology and innovation.
What we can offer
- Bonus and equity
- Hybrid working; meaning you’ll split your week between the office and home
- 25 days annual leave, plus the Bank Holidays
- 1 month work-from-anywhere
- Health Shield, a cash-back health plan for things like dental, optical, physio and well being
- Access to Thrive; accessible mental health support all in one app
- LoopMe Gives Back; we have a committed and active CSR team who organise regular events to hold up our pillars of Learning, Charity, Wellbeing, Responsibility and Sustainability.
- We’ll set you up for success, providing training and career development.
Want to learn more about us?
LoopMe is a technology company that uses AI to improve brand advertising performance and outcomes. Putting consumers at the heart of every campaign, LoopMe uniquely optimizes advertising investments, driving results 2-5x higher than the industry standards in mobile in-app and CTV for brand awareness, consideration, purchase intent, foot traffic and sales. LoopMe was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in the UK, with global offices across New York, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Dnipro, Krakow and Hong Kong.
To all recruitment agencies: LoopMe does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs career page, LoopMe employees or any other company location. LoopMe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.