5 Reasons You Shouldn't Forget About Mobile When Crafting Your Super Bowl Strategy
The Super Bowl is a staple in American culture. Although the Super Bowl is largely taken in through TV, it has experienced a huge lift in streamed viewership. Last year, Super Bowl LI was the most live-streamed game to date, bringing in an average of 1.7 million viewers per minute–up 23% from last year. With the high cost of commercials during the game, supplementing your strategy with mobile advertising is key to ensuring campaign success; especially considering the recent research showing that mobile video is more effective than TV.
- Since 2015, there has been a 224% increase in viewers streaming the game.
- Phone usage on Super Bowl Sunday increased between 7-10% in comparison to previous Sundays.
- There was a 30% increase in mobile usage in the first half of the game.
- The average cost for a 30-second commercial was $5 million in 2017.
- Over 70% of viewers experience the game across both mobile and TV, while 73% of viewers plan to use at least one device during the game.
Since Super Bowl commercials are such a high cost, you want your alternative mobile video advertising to show real results. Close the loop, maximize your campaign and reach Super Bowl audiences utilizing PurchaseLoop, which uses AI to increase Brand Uplift and Foot Traffic. To learn more about PurchaseLoop, click here.
For more data and insights, download your free Super Bowl one pager here.