LoopMe is a member of the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) and the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB). These global trade bodies provide guidance on legal requirements and best practices for marketing on mobile devices.
We provide mobile advertising services to third parties that market products and services using LoopMe’s advertising technology which places advertisements on mobile sites and applications on mobile phones, tablets and other similar devices. Operating such services, we collect, process and store certain anonymous and non-Personally Identifiable Information every time an ad is requested and every time an ad is clicked on a mobile site or application.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information about you using the LoopMe mobile advertising technology. Personally Identifiable Information is information that can identify you as a person (email address, name etc.). However, we do collect non-Personally Identifiable Information that can’t be used by LoopMe to identify you as a person that includes but is not limited to the following:
- Date and time of your mobile internet browsing or application usage
- Mobile sites visited and/or applications used
- Mobile internet browser used
- Mobile carrier or ISP name
- Connection type (e.g. 3G, 4G, WiFi)
- Mobile device used (Including make and model)
- Device identification (e.g. Google Advertiser ID or IDFA)
We may also receive non-Personally Identifiable Information from publishers to improve the relevance and targeting of ads that includes but is not limited to the following:
- Age - where known by the publisher
- Gender - where know by the publisher
Finally, if a user has enabled geographic location sharing on their mobile device for a mobile site or application, LoopMe may receive this information from the provider. LoopMe uses geographic location information for targeting ads based on location and creating segments (groups with something in common) for targeting purposes.
You can opt-out to stop LoopMe advertising technology from collecting information for the purposes of targeting advertising. When you opt-out, we will no longer show you relevant ads or track any actions resulting from clicking on an ad.
You can also opt-out to stop LoopMe advertising technology from collecting geographic location information by disabling sharing your location in the settings area of your mobile device.
THIRD PARTY MOBILE SITES AND APPLICATIONS
LoopMe is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party mobile sites and applications and advises users to ready the privacy policies of other mobile sites or applications.
HOW TO OPT-OUT FROM TARGETED ADVERTISING
We only provide instructions to opt-out from targeting advertising for the two most common mobile operating systems. For Windows, Blackberry and other operating systems, you will need to check on their respective websites for opt-out instructions.
LoopMe is a member of the IAB (Internet Advertising Bureau) in the UK. As a member of IAB UK we are permitted to direct end users to the following website (http://www.youronlinechoices.com) which describes detailed steps on how to opt-out from cookies for data collection and ad targeting when using mobile sites only.
OPT-OUT FOR ANDROID
Opt-out of interest-based ads on Android apps :
- Open Google Settings
- Tap on Ads
- You need to manage Opt-out of interest-based ads
- If the box is checked, uncheck it to disable interest-based ads
- If the box is unchecked, select it in order to enable interest-based ads
To update your cookie setting :
- Open a mobile browser app
- Tap on the Menu key
- From the options for the current application that is running select More
- From the list of browser functions select the Settings
- Scroll down until you find the Accept cookies
- If the box is checked, uncheck it to disable cookies
- If the box is unchecked, select it in order to enable cookies
OPT-OUT FOR iOS
For iOS 6 or higher
To update your IDFA setting :
- Choose Settings > Privacy > Advertising
- Turn Limit Ad Tracking On (Off is the default setting)
To update your cookie setting :
- Choose Settings > Safari > Block Cookies
- Choose Always / From third parties and advertisers / Never
Last Updated -- 18th May 2015