Let’s be clear: data has value because data yields value.
Only five years ago, advertisers were happy to pay $3-$5 to show an ad to a random person in the hope that they would click a banner and download an app from an app store.
Today, that model has changed. Advertisers absolutely must access audience data and tools if they want to stay competitive, otherwise they simply cannot acquire high-quality users and manage ARPU (Average Revenue Per User).
This is why a Data Management Platform (DMP) is becoming imperative. If the future of mobile advertising is becoming dependent on more data, then access to a DMP will become key for delivering campaign effectiveness and ROI.
First and foremost, a DMP is about collecting vast amounts of data from disparate sources into a structured data warehouse that gives advertisers a unified view. Typically, this means publisher data describing the ad request, advertiser data outlining the audiences they want to reach, ad tech data built from processing billions of requests daily, and specialist data bought in.
Together, these data sources turn an ad request into a targeted piece of advertising on a mobile device. The better the targeting, the better the results, with improved campaign effectiveness across key metrics. And this gets better over time, as the DMP contributes to campaign efficiency by developing an understanding of the types of audience segments that work for different types of campaigns.
This is why we’ve built our DMP to enable advertisers to build highly targeted campaigns based on either pre-defined audience segments or custom segments based on user IDs or other combinations. When you tie it together with our Demand-side Platform (DSP), this means you, the advertiser, get mobile video audiences at scale.
And this yields the eight good reasons to invest in a DMP (all of which are, of course, embodied in our DMP):
- Collect, store and make available hundreds of individual data points to describe audiences. This is an incredibly rich source of data for driving campaigns that are highly targeted. (advertiser data / first party data)
- Store profiles for hundreds of millions of unique users globally so you get the widest reach possible.
- Plug in third-party data sources (e.g. Statiq) to augment your targeting with specialist data sets and have something that, potentially, your competitors simply cannot match.
- Pre-defined audience segments that are ready to use as part of your toolset. This is useful if you already have a clear idea of the audiences you want to target and want to repurpose this intel with your mobile video ad campaigns.
- Quickly create custom segments by importing advertiser data, so that you can be more creative and more precise in your targeting.
- Create sophisticated reports based on your audience segments, so that the system runs right through from planning, to execution, to reporting.
- Optimise campaigns as you go, creating more sophisticated, more granular audience segments that simply perform better through time.
- Be completely, creatively flexible with your formats. Video, HTML5, interstitial, the list goes on.
If you’d like to know more, get in touch: sales[at]loopmemedia.com