Senior JAVA High-Load System Engineer
LOCATION: DNIPRO, UKRAINE
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
We are looking for an experienced Java engineer to help build out our high load ad serving system, capable of handling 500.000 requests/second under 50ms response time. LoopMe implemented its backend applications in Java. Our backend platform team is a highly talented collaborative group of developers with number of interesting technical challenges that will excite the best of superstars. Your responsibilities will depend on your years of experience and accomplishments. The LoopMe development process is highly agile, deploying 10s of production software updates each week. The ideal candidates can adapt fast to changing environments and proactively identify future product performance issues and change code to ensure continuous high system performance.
- Develop features and performance optimization for our Java ad serving application
- Implement complex targeting algorithms developed by our data science team into the core ad serving flow
Key Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years' experience in working in development teams doing daily commits into a single code base
- 3+ years working experience with Java, Spring
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
- Knowledge of database optimization
- Working experience with high load system architecture and infrastructures
- Knowledge of Hadoop, NoSQL (Redis, Elasticsearch etc.)
- Knowledge of FasterXML/Jackson
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good sense of humor
- Want to be part of a high growth startup company with global ambitions
- Proactive attitude towards improving processes and finding new solutions to challenging business problems
- Strong self-motivation, reliable and flexible team-player
- High attention to detail, ability to remain focused under pressure
- Competitive compensation package
- Hundreds of millions of people see your work and use our products worldwide
- A transparent work environment
- Working in a team that inspires, and works with you to achieve industry changing goals
LoopMe is the world’s largest mobile video platform, reaching over 1.5 billion consumers worldwide via integration with programmatic ad exchanges and direct publishers.
Our optimisation is driven by Artificial Intelligence, employing algorithms that optimise ad placements in real-time and deliver provably better results. This AI is complemented by its Data Management Platform, which underpins targeting and retargeting through customizable audience segmentation.
LoopMe is the unifying platform for all mobile video ad formats, covering pre-roll, HTML5 and VAST, including native and full-screen formats which deliver stronger consumer engagement across all mobile devices.
The company was founded by experienced mobile advertising executives Stephen Upstone (CEO) and Marco Van de Bergh (CTO), with the mission to improve mobile advertising for advertisers, publishers and end-users alike, by providing more engaging ad formats that improve the end-user experience as well as deliver better performance and results.
LoopMe has global offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, Beijing, Dubai, Dnipro, South Africa, Bangalore, Berlin, and Paris.
In case you are interested in the job and working with us to build cool new products, please submit your resume with the job application.
As part of the interview process you may be give a small technical challenge to complete to demonstrate your skills.
Apply now at: [email protected]