Machine Learning Java Developer
LOCATION: DNIPRO, UKRAINE
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
We are looking for a highly numerate Java Developer to work on the development of big data machine learning applications for ad targeting. We are recruiting both senior and junior roles. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in creating an automated system to optimize hundreds of real-time interactions per second with online customers, and to quantify the benefits created against control groups in a live environment. The work involves analyzing billions of records of ad-serving opportunities, ad-serves and ad-serve responses to understand what factors explain the variance in expected response value. That understanding is then to be harnessed as an automated optimization process capable of intelligently finding and servicing the most favorable ad-serving opportunities in a way that leads to higher returns on our clients’ advertising investments. Guidance is available from a senior analytical party who will support the work.
You will work in a team of the highest calibre developers, machine-learning experts and data scientists to solve tough (but never dull) problems, such as:
- Developing real-time machine learning algorithms using cutting edge research
- Applications to visualise and manipulate huge amounts of data
- Scaling systems to handle many terabytes of data whilst still maintaining millisecond-level response times
We are a small, highly interactive team working in an Agile environment. You will need strong communication skills. You will also be expected to care deeply about the quality of your code: its clarity, documentation, and testing.
Key Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years' experience in working in development teams doing daily commits into a single code base
- 3+ years working experience with Java, Spring
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
- Knowledge of statistics
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques, for example one or more of: Reinforcement Learning, Bandit algorithms, General online learning methods, Linear/Logistic Regression, Multivariate Regression, Decision Trees, Bayesian Methods
- Excellent communication skills – you will be working with colleagues in the UK as well as the Ukraine
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Has an enquiring mind and a disciplined scientific approach to extracting facts and understanding observed behaviour
- Is excited by the potential of analytical intelligence to realize high-value commercial outcomes and change the way that business operates
- Consistently delivers high quality answers
- Want to be part of a high growth startup company with global ambitions
- Competitive compensation package
- Hundreds of millions of people see your work and use our products worldwide
- A transparent work environment
- Working in a team that inspires, and works with you to achieve industry changing goals
LoopMe is the world’s largest mobile video platform, reaching over 1.5 billion consumers worldwide via integration with programmatic ad exchanges and direct publishers.
Our optimisation is driven by Artificial Intelligence, employing algorithms that optimise ad placements in real-time and deliver provably better results. This AI is complemented by its Data Management Platform, which underpins targeting and retargeting through customizable audience segmentation.
LoopMe is the unifying platform for all mobile video ad formats, covering pre-roll, HTML5 and VAST, including native and full-screen formats which deliver stronger consumer engagement across all mobile devices.
The company was founded by experienced mobile advertising executives Stephen Upstone (CEO) and Marco Van de Bergh (CTO), with the mission to improve mobile advertising for advertisers, publishers and end-users alike, by providing more engaging ad formats that improve the end-user experience as well as deliver better performance and results.
LoopMe has global offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, Beijing, Dubai, Dnipro, South Africa, Bangalore, Berlin, and Paris.
In case you are interested in the job and working with us to build cool new products, please submit your resume with the job application.
As part of the interview process you may be give a small technical challenge to complete to demonstrate your skills.
Apply now at: [email protected]