A full time Data Scientist position for an exceptional candidate who has a keen interest in multivariate modelling, machine learning and decision automation. You will be working in the highly exciting area of real-time ad targeting.
We are recruiting both senior and junior roles. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in creating an automated system to optimize hundreds of real-time interactions per second with online customers, and to quantify the benefits created against control groups in a live environment.
The work involves analyzing billions of records of ad-serving opportunities, ad-serves and ad-serve responses to understand what factors explain the variance in expected response value. That understanding is then to be harnessed as an automated optimization process capable of intelligently finding and servicing the most favorable ad-serving opportunities in a way that leads to higher returns on our clients’ advertising investments. Guidance is available from a senior analytical party who will support the work.
This is also an opportunity to become part of the UK tech start-up world and get first-hand experience into how tech start-ups operate.
You will work in a team of the highest calibre developers, machine-learning experts and data scientists to solve tough (but never dull) problems, such as:
- Analysis of new data streams for inclusion in our real-time ad targeting engine
- Prototyping real-time machine learning algorithms using cutting edge research
- Developing applications to visualise and manipulate huge amounts of data
- Scaling systems to handle many terabytes of data whilst still maintaining millisecond-level response times
- Working to support the following steps in the analytical process with large (multi-million record) data sets:
- Basic data cleansing and preparation
- Variable preprocessing/transformation
- Univariate analysis
- Performing statistical tests
- Covariance analysis
- Generation of graphical output
- Multivariate analysis and linear/non-linear regression
- Preparation of data sets for predictive modelling
- Robust predictive model building, validation and application
- Automation of statistical processes
We are a small, highly interactive team working in an Agile environment. You will need strong communication skills. You will also be expected to care deeply about the quality of your code: its clarity, documentation, and testing.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a mathematical discipline such as Applied Statistics, Maths, Engineering or Physics from a respected University
- 2 plus years’ experience of R or Python
- At least two years practical experience of univariate and multi-variate statistical analysis in R or Python with large data sets (millions of records and many tens or hundreds of independent variables)
- Good experience of variable transformation and data preprocessing techniques to extract maximum predictive power such as binning, piecewise linear regression, non-linear function transforms, etc.
- Excellent practical knowledge of multi-variate techniques such as: Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Naive Bayes, Clustering, etc. and a good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of specific approaches
- Proficient in Java/C++/C# or similar language
- Experience of agile software development
- For the senior role, experience of managing small teams
- A minimum of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a mathematical discipline such as Applied Statistics, Maths, Engineering or Physics from a respected University
- Excellent communication skills – you will be working with colleagues in the UK as well as the Ukraine
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Has an enquiring mind and a disciplined scientific approach to extracting facts and understanding observed behavior
- Is excited by the potential of analytical intelligence to realize high-value commercial outcomes and change the way that business operates
- Consistently delivers high quality answers
- Want to be part of a high growth startup company with global ambitions
- Competitive compensation package
- Hundreds of millions of people see your work and use our products worldwide
- A transparent work environment
- Working in a team that inspires, and works with you to achieve industry changing goals
LoopMe is the world’s largest mobile video platform, reaching over 1.5 billion consumers worldwide via integration with programmatic ad exchanges and direct publishers.
Our optimisation is driven by Artificial Intelligence, employing algorithms that optimise ad placements in real-time and deliver provably better results. This AI is complemented by its Data Management Platform, which underpins targeting and retargeting through customizable audience segmentation.
LoopMe is the unifying platform for all mobile video ad formats, covering pre-roll, HTML5 and VAST, including native and full-screen formats which deliver stronger consumer engagement across all mobile devices.
The company was founded by experienced mobile advertising executives Stephen Upstone (CEO) and Marco Van de Bergh (CTO), with the mission to improve mobile advertising for advertisers, publishers and end-users alike, by providing more engaging ad formats that improve the end-user experience as well as deliver better performance and results.
LoopMe has global offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, Beijing, Dubai, Dnipro, South Africa, Bangalore, Berlin, and Paris.
In case you are interested in the job and working with us to build cool new products, please submit your resume with the job application.
As part of the interview process you may be give a small technical challenge to complete to demonstrate your skills.
Apply now at: [email protected]