As part of our candidate application and recruitment process LoopMe collects, processes and stores personal information about you. We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process and this may include your application, assessment, pre-employment screening, and your worker permissions. This document sets out:
i. Why we collect your personal information;
ii. What information is collected and;
iii. How it is processed within the recruitment process.
Throughout this Privacy Notice we use the term "processing" to cover all activities involving your personal information, including collecting, handling, storing, sharing, accessing, using, transferring and disposing of the information.
1) Why do we collect your personal information?
In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. The purposes for this are set out below. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all of the purposes set out below will apply to you all of the time.
- Application: CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications, age, diversity (i.e. gender. ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, previous disciplinary matters)
- Assessment: CV, psychometric tests (such as a situational judgement test, ability or personality test), interview (face to face, telephone or video), behavioural assessments (such as a role play, group exercise or presentation), technical assessments;
- Preemployment screening (PES)
2) What personal information might we process?
Here are some examples of the type of information we may process. There's a full list in the schedule at the end of this notice.
- Personal details such as name, address, date and place of birth;
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Compensation; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills;
- Employer feedback / references to include regulated references where necessary;
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving licence, National Insurance numbers)
- Photographs and images from recorded assessments
- Results of Pre-employment screening checks (e.g. credit history, criminal records checks where permitted under local law)
- Assessment results e.g. Psychometric assessment results, results from gamification and video or telephone assessment
During the process, we also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us, to be able to take online/telephone assessments, to attend interviews/assessment centres, to prepare for starting at LoopMe (if successful) and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regard to our hiring.
3) Who do we share your personal information with?
LoopMe will need to share your personal information internally. Your information will only be shared if it is necessary or required (for example in order to carry out Pre-employment screening).
The recruitment process will involve:
To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people:
LoopMe may also need to share your information with certain external third parties including:
4) How do we protect your information?
Our HR and Recruitment systems are protected to ensure that unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information, accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information does not occur.
Where we share information with other parties located outside your country, as a minimum, LoopMe will require that such personal information is protected as required by the laws of the country where you work. LoopMe also requires its third party suppliers or recipients of personal information to guarantee the same level of protection as provided by LoopMe.
5) Your Rights
You are entitled to see the information that LoopMe holds about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be deleted or blocked if you legitimately think that LoopMe shouldn't be processing that information, is processing it incorrectly.
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information generally, including questions about accessing your personal information or correcting it, you should contact HR in the first instance.
It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date so that accurate application records can be maintained. You can manage all of your applicant data by
accessing and updating your profile on Jobvite, LoopMe's applicant tracking system.
As this document is updated, the current versions will be posted on this site.
6) Screening checks
As part of the Selection process, LoopMe performs a number of screening checks, where permitted by local law. These checks are only performed on candidates who have been selected for a role. Your consent will be requested before screening checks are performed.
7) Criminal records checks
We may ask questions about any prior civil or criminal proceedings you may have been subject to and may also conduct criminal record checks.
8) Processing Conditions
LoopMe's entitlement to process your personal information is governed by a number of processing conditions. This means that we may rely on more than one of these conditions in order to process elements of your personal information throughout the recruitment process.
Schedule 1: Full list of information we may process